Friday, June 29, 2012

So it's been almost 2 months (61 days) since I started my 6-week fitness challenge and I am feeling GREAT!  I have lost 12.8 pounds and 3.5 inches off my waist, I have dropped 2 pant sizes and am comfortably back in S/M tops and size 8 shorts.  I can now run 4 miles (3 miles easily, making it to 4 is hard right now) and I have gotten into the habit of exercising EVERY DAY!  If I don't run, then I do elliptical or a 20 minute workout to my 30 Day Shred dvd.  I'm sticking to my daily calorie intake, and even better - I don't WANT TO CHEAT!  How is that possible, I know that I didn't have this huge self control on my own.  I am so thankful for the physical ability to exercise, God has given me a body and I am honored to take care of it.  I am so thankful to break my addiction of sodas, I aim to drink at least 4 cups of water a day (something I have never done before) and most days I have 6-8 cups of water!  It's amazing to have energy simply becuase I am staying hydrated! 

So the reason for this post is mostly to tell you that I feel so very blessed, and thankful that God is working on me physically, mentally and spiritually.  I feel like He is making me over in ways I never dreamed was possible.  I am so glad that I said YES to the 6-week fitness challenge, so glad that I pushed through the initial discomfort/soreness as I was getting back into shape in the first 2 weeks, so glad that I have an amazing support system (wonderful husband, encouraging friends, people I can ask about health/fitness).  This has been an amazing 2 month journey and I'm here to say I DON'T WANT TO EVER GO BACK to the way I was and not caring about my health and body.  My kids deserve better, I deserve better.  I have come to the conclusion that God wants me to honor him in every way with everything that I am - and not caring for this temple is just not okay.  So the journey continues.  No, I didn't win that 6-week competition for most body fat % lost, but that's okay.  I have set some new goals...1) Hit my goal of 130 pounds - I have 11 pounds to go!  2) run a 5K in 30 minutes and  3) start training for a half-marathon (13 miles) with the hope of running one in 2013. 

I still have a ways to go, but I am willing and at times I gotta "fake it till I make it" but every day I put those running shoes on and I get out there (after dark, when it's only 90 degrees instead of 106) and I just go for it.  If you are considering making a change, I'd love to talk with you more about it! :-)

Sweat is fat that is crying!
Joy  

No comments:

Post a Comment